Do you have favourite books, movies and other materials that you'd recommend to others? Do you have great interpersonal and customer service skills? If so, then this opportunity is for you!
We're for a dedicated and caring individual who is interested in bringing library materials to our homebound patrons in the community.
• 8-10hrs every month; between Monday – Friday, anytime from 8:30am-4:30pm
• Pick up and deliver library materials to homebound patrons living in the Fort McMurray area
• Preparing, retrieving and organizing materials based on patron preference under the guidance of the Homebound Coordinator.
• Must be 18yrs+, received High School diploma
• Mature, reliable, and able to work independently
• Physically able to deliver library materials, such as books, DVDs, etc.
• Good communication skills; strong initiative
• A commitment to, and genuine interest in serving the reading needs of older adults/persons with disabilities.
• The successful candidate will be required to provide a Vulnerable Sectors Check conducted by the RCMP (at the cost of the WBRL)
• Reliable vehicle with Class 5 Driver’s License
Please be advised, all volunteer positions with the WBRL require a Vulnerable Sector Check from the RCMP. Selected candidates will receive a Vulnerable Sector Letter from the WBRL to have the $15 fee waived.
To apply, visit: http://wbrl.ca/assets/other_pdfs/Homebound-Services-Volunteer.pdf
Application forms can be found online at wbrl.ca/about/volunteers or at the Circulation Services Desk on the Main Floor of the Library.
For more information, or if you have any further questions, please contact Calvin – Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-743-7806.
About Wood Buffalo Regional Library
This user has been approved for the opportunity and they have been notified. Please follow up by contacting the user to arrange details.
User has been removed from your suggested volunteers successfully.
User has been added to your favourites.
User has been removed from your favourites.
We’re here to help!
Send us an email at or give us a call at 578-646-6775