Timeraiser 2018 is looking for enthusiastic volunteers who love art and love our community!
What is Timeraiser? It is an event for social good! The evening connects stand-out social profit organizations with community volunteers looking to find meaningful volunteer opportunities. Participants bid on art by local artists in an auction where you bid with your volunteer time, not your money. Those hours are then used to support the social profit agencies.
This year’s event will take place on Thursday April 19th at MacDonald Island Park. This is a signature FuseSocial event and a fantastic community initiative that generates much needed volunteer hours for our social profit sector.
Volunteers will be responsible for:
Pre-Event(approximate time commitment: 1 hour/month) • Partaking in 1-2 planning meetings with the Volunteer Captain (typically by phone or email)
• Maintaining email communication with the Volunteer Captain and accepting important event information
Event Night(Thursday April 19-time commitment is approximately 4:00pm-10:00pm) • Attending a short orientation on event night to go over the itinerary, roles and bidding rules/guidelines (all volunteers are required to attend)
• Registration Desk: Greeting and checking-in guests (2 positions)
• Acting as a venue guide (event foyer and gallery) and explaining the evening’s agenda to the guests (1 position)
• Monitoring the bidding stations and ensuring participants are adhering to the auction rules (2 positions)
• Attending to the Social Profit Agencies in attendance and making sure they have everything they need for a successful evening (1 position) • Emcee/Band Liaison-Provide support for the Emcee and ensure he stays on track with the script and is “fed” any new and important information. Cue the band when it is time to play/break (1 position) • Assisting the Volunteer Manager and the Volunteer Captain with any tasks and troubleshooting as needed (1 position)
• Assisting the “Results Team” with sorting the bids at the end of the night and determining the art winners (all volunteers to support)