Wood Buffalo Regional Library - Summer Reading Program Volunteers
July 3rd until August 25th.
1:00pm-4:00pm Monday through Thursday and 1:00-3:30pm on Fridays. Volunteers are asked to attend a minimum of 10 sessions throughout the summer (equals a minimum of 29hrs).
Volunteer as a mentor for young children between the ages of 6-8 years old by helping to spread the importance of reading and literacy using a variety of reading strategies as well as other fun literacy related games and activities.
Volunteers are asked to attend a minimum of 10 sessions throughout the summer. If you have potential conflicts, or you are planning summer vacation, please let us know. While we appreciate your willingness to volunteer, only suitable candidates will be selected.
1. Must be 14 years of age or older
2. Must be fluent in speaking and reading English
3. Must be able to attend a minimum of 10 Summer Reading Program sessions, as well as one mandatory orientation session
4. Must enjoy working with children, and have a passion for reading
5. Must be able to successfully complete a current Vulnerable Sectors Check by the RCMP, at the WBRL’s cost. If you already have a current Vulnerable Sectors Check, please let us know.
To access our application forms, please visit us on wbrl.ca/volunteers For more information, or questions please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Calvin at 780-743-7806 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Wood Buffalo Regional Library
This user has been approved for the opportunity and they have been notified. Please follow up by contacting the user to arrange details.
User has been removed from your suggested volunteers successfully.
User has been added to your favourites.
User has been removed from your favourites.
We’re here to help!
Send us an email at or give us a call at 780-791-9333