CAREERS: The Next Generation
Title: Office Assistant
Volunteer opportunity Duration: Open ended
Number of volunteers required: 1
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours a week
Time & Day of Volunteer Engagement: Weekdays; Daytime
Work location: 2nd Floor, Bob Lamb Building, 8115 Franklin Ave, Fort McMurray, T9H 2H7
Description & Link to Mission
CAREERS: The Next Generation is a local non-profit organization that assists students reach their career goals through our apprenticeship programs as well as offering career pathway exploration internships for the high school students in Health Services, Power Engineering, Waste Water Operator and indigenous programs.
The volunteer position will assist our small office with local event planning and execution, presentation preparation, the organizing of marketing materials and data input. Other opportunities may arise.
– High accuracy and attention to detail
– Ability to use computer systems and word
– Ability to review files and extract necessary information
– Ability to multitask & take initiative
– Occasionally travel to outlying communities if necessary and interested
– Occasionally attend meetings to take minutes
Benefits and Reorganization
We are a small office so as a volunteer you will get to work in an intimate and respectful setting. Mentorship will provided for any task given. A reference letter will be provided to you, possible inclusion in networking opportunities, and a daily thank you.
– Criminal record check and vulnerable sector check
– Required to travel to and from Bob Lamb Building – CAREERS’ office