Exciting raffles take place over the duration of the Festival of Trees. Gift-stuffed Christmas Stockings and Tree of Hope are some of the exciting ways to try one’s luck at the Festival! The raffles are a huge attraction- some are ongoing for the duration of the Festival, while some are event specific.
• Provide orientation for all raffle volunteers, along with a step-by-step procedure outlining ticket sales and tracking
• Ensure sufficient amounts of tickets are stocked for raffles
• Understand raffle license rules as set out by Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission and the Foundation
• Ensure all tickets and cash collected are accounted for before the draw takes place, including verification of all tickets entered into the draws are eligible to be entered as set out in the raffle rules/gaming laws
• Ensure all draw procedures set out by Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission and the Foundation are followed
• Work with Foundation Finance Volunteers to coordinate “money drops” throughout the weekend
About Northern Lights Health Foundation
Established in 1985, the Northern Lights Health Foundation serves to engage people, inspire philanthropy and secure funds to improve health and promote wellness in the Wood Buffalo region.
Through capital campaigns, signature events and various other fundraising initiatives, the Health Foundation funds vital medical equipment, programs and services bringing care closer to home for Wood Buffalo residents.
With donor support, the future of health care in Wood Buffalo is brighter than ever. The recently launched $16 million Gratitude Campaign is the largest in the Health Foundation’s history and will forever change the face of health care in our region.